Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lacy Rings

I'm continuing to experiment with 2 needles, or cross needle weaving as it is sometimes called. It can be challenging at times - at first picking up beads with the needle in my left hand was a little difficult. I have more confidence in it now though, and find myself choosing to use 2 needles instead of one more and more. I still use only 1 needle for some stitches...peyote stitch, spirals. However for that lacy look 2 needles work just lovely. These rings were the result of some 2-needle experimenting - I think they turned out very pretty!





By the way, you may have noticed I changed up my background in my photos. I originally was using white because I wanted the attention to be on the item itself - but my pictures were looking a little washed out. Does the new background take attention away from the rings (or the bangles below)? Great photos are a constant struggle of mine...always striving for better.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are so pretty Jojo!

Hot Rocks said...

Very nice rings..love the black one! I too am always experimenting with different backgrounds for pics. I really like your dark denim blue backgrounds on these photos.

Lynne said...

These rings look really great! I like the backgrounds for these because they are dark colors and show up well against the denim. I think backgrounds will always vary as to which is the best based on the color and type of product your placing in the photograph, but I do like the denim idea.

Lucky Girl said...

Beautiful rings!