Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Monday, December 14, 2009
I started an entry but unfortunately due to my more work at my office job I wasn't able to finish in time. I did finish it this weekend though, so there shall be some pictures for you later this week - after the giveaway.
There are some great designs to choose from - so please take a minute to take a closer look at the entries by clicking on the links below. When you have decided on your favorite, head on over to the EBW Blog and vote. Thanks so much!
1. Serenity Cuff Bracelet - BettyStephanBeadwork
2. Tara (Goddess of Peace and Protection) - noritadesign
3. Dream Medallion - sagescupboard
4. Snow and Ice Necklace - AngelqueCreations
5. Peace Piece peyote cuff - randomcreative
6. Tide Pool EBWC December - JoniLynn
7. Golden Creamy Bouquet Necklace - bead4me
8. When Red meets Black - BeadsAndI
9. In Heavenly Peace - HauteIceBeadwork
10. La Donha - SilverDragon
11. Black and White Twist Necklace - MoreThanSomewhat1
12. Dove of Peace - ArtBeadwork
13. Peace on Earth - SmadarsTreasure
14. Go For The Gold - carosell
15. Peace, Love, and Beautiful Hair (Clip) - adinahalperndesigns
16. Winter Necklace - AsteropeBC
17. Snowball Necklace - BeadedExtravagance
18. Purple Frost Necklace - SpringColors
19. SIOBHAN - Beaded cabochon necklace - Stellaltinaan
20. Ray of Light - Lauralia
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
With Christmas just around the corner, I thought it would be a great time to give away a bracelet. I made this following Sandra Hallpenny's pattern, she offers the pattern for free. If any beaders out there want to make one for themselves, here is the link: Round Lace.
It is woven with size 11 toho seed beads in a pretty matte red color, and finished with a gold plated swivel lobster clasp. I just love these clasps because they keep the bracelet from getting twisted up on your wrist.
Rules/How to enter:
Entering to win this bracelet is simple. The giveaway is open to all residents of the USA and Canada.
- 1. Visit my ArtFire shop and find your favorite item.
- 2. Post a comment on THIS blog post telling me what your favorite item is. If you are not a blogger member please leave a way for me to get in touch with you for your address in case you win.
- 3. Extra entry: To up your odds of winning, tweet about the giveaway on twitter. Your tweet should include a comment and link to my blog. Let me know that you have twittered by leaving an additional comment with your twitter ID so I can see your tweet - this will be your extra entry.
That's it! Easy peasy.
The winner will be chosen December 16th via a random number generator.
I will contact the winner immediately. If you get back to me with your address before the 20th, you'll be recieving the bracelet just in time for Christmas. The bracelet will be shipped in a pretty box, suitable for gift giving - just in case you plan on gifting the bracelet to someone else.
Men, don't be afraid to enter - I'm sure there's a woman in your life that would be delighted to own this lovely bracelet!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Take a minute to check out Melissa's Etsy shop for some more of her lovely beaded creations.
Next month's challenge is an interesting one - "Peace Piece". It's been awhile since I've had the time and ambition to participate in a challenge, but I have an idea swirling around in my head...hopefully I can bring it to fruition by Dec. 5th!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
1. Mother of Pearl Brooch - enchantedbeads
2. Crape Jasmine Beadwoven Necklace - MaryTDesigns
3. Cape Primrose - glimmerstone
4. Bird of Paradise - ArtfulAr
5. Lady Slipper - savoystudio
6. Azalea Flower Necklace - Charmingthings
7. Floating Lotus Trinket Box - Medic5415
8. Crystal Flower Necklace - roseworksjewelry
9. The Beauty of the Columbine - dreambeadweaver
10. Mystical Orchid Necklace - CieloDesign
11. Pink Flower Sun Necklace - demetgun3
12. Midnight hibiscus - Lauralia
13. Hibiscus Necklace - grakowsky
14. Water Lily - oraninbar
15. Lotus Bracelet - SpringColors
16. Blue Lotus Necklace - windyriver
17. Warm Winter Bloom Necklace - SmadarsTreasure
Thursday, October 29, 2009
By the way, you may have noticed I changed up my background in my photos. I originally was using white because I wanted the attention to be on the item itself - but my pictures were looking a little washed out. Does the new background take attention away from the rings (or the bangles below)? Great photos are a constant struggle of mine...always striving for better.
Monday, October 26, 2009
Maybe I should do a "work in progress Wednesday", or something like that. Would anyone like that - to see works in progress?
This first one was the more time consuming of the two. It was the first of this style that I started off in size 11 toho seed beads. I think I'll be sticking to size 8's or 6's for the base of these from now on...11's just take so long to work in cubic right angle weave. It does look pretty neat though.
Monday, October 19, 2009
and SmadarsTreasure with her Black Spider Woman Necklace
Be sure to check out both of their etsy shops for some fantastic bead woven goodness! Congratulations to the winners and to everyone who participated in the challenge. Stay tuned for the next EBW's challenge, "Beauty of the Flower", which will be available for voting Nov. 9th.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Voting ends October 15th.
1. Cuff of Power - AngelqueCreations
2. Triforce Necklace - MaryTDesigns
3. Emerald Enigma Necklace and Earring Set - HauteIceBeadwork
4. K - MadeByOlga
5. Black Spider Woman Necklace - SmadarsTreasure
6. Power of Resistance Bracelet/Glove - dreambeadweaver
7. A Wonderous Woman - sedonaskye
8.Wonder Woman Rivoli Beaded Bridal Bracelet - SpringColors
9. EBWC Care Bears - Stellaltinaan
10. I've got the Power - RachelesOriginals
11. Galaxy Stars Super-Powered Collar - FrancescasFancy
12. Super Woman in Style - kraftymax
13. Xena - Suede Necklace with Beadwoven Beads - alatvian
14. The Power of Three - enchantedbeads
15. Power Goblet - njema
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Here is the tutorial for anyone interested in beading up one or two of their very own: Jack-o-lantern charm tutorial
You could even substitute cream colored beads for the orange and make a Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Congratulations also to our runners up:
Second: Parvati's Grace necklace - CieloDesign
Third: Indian Summer Nights - triz
Fourth: I Dream of an Indian Summer - sedonaskye
Fifth: Tropical Indian Summer-Cabochon Necklace - RachelesOriginals
Sixth: Indian summer sunset OOAK necklace - Lauralia
Seventh: Night Guard Owl necklace - BeadCatcher
Eighth: Indian Summer Dreams - ThePreciousBeads
Ninth: Mexican Indian Summer Peyote Bracelet - AngelqueCreations
Tenth: Indian Summer Beaded Necklace - SpringColors
Bravo all who entered. Such a talented group of beaders!
Sunday, September 13, 2009
This next one has a bit more "industrial" feel to it. I wove it completely from hematite, so it's just a tad heavier than the other bangles. Very punk or goth, don't you think? I could see myself wearing it on a dark snowy day.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
I'm not a bangle bracelet wearing gal, but if this one were a bit smaller I'd probably keep it!
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
These rings were super fun to make. After they were done my head was spinning with all sorts of ideas - colors/shapes. But these babies are my prototypes.
Friday, July 17, 2009
The Ryan Montbleau Band has been nominated to rock out aboard JamCruise 8. This is well overdue for them and would be wonderful exposure (not to mention a damn good time). Your vote would be greatly appreciated by me AND them.
Here's the link to VOTE.
Monday, July 13, 2009
Here are my favorite items from the curators of the treasuries (the people that picked the items for their treasuries). Click on the pictures for description and pricing info.