Monday, June 29, 2009
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
This idea has been in the making (in my head) for YEARS now...I just didn't know how I was going to pull it off until I started working with right-angle-weave, the perfect stitch for this geometric endeavor. It wasn't until I started weaving (in size 11 toho beads) that I fully understood what an endeavor it would be. This truly was a labor of love...the entire set together took me approximately 40 hours - that's almost an entire "work" week! Worth the time, though. They are all structurally sound - these babies are not hollow. They are built up layer by layer - you can't really SEE the beads woven in the center, but they are there...and that what makes the piece strong and able to hold its shape.
After spending a good part of the weekend finishing up the last one, I'm ready to work on something a little less rigid!
Now available in my Etsy shop:
Friday, June 19, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
If you're not entering the contest yourself, I'd be forever grateful if you wandered on over to Timothy's blog and put in a vote for me!
I'm on page 2 right now...and I'll keep you informed as that changes.
Here's the link!
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Anyways, the donut I encased is a genuine swarovski crystal. The cut is stunning, with enough precisely cut facets to make it sparkle to the max. At first I was concerned about covering it up too much, but I kept the weave open enough to see plenty of the shimmer - while still holding it securely inside. I'm quite happy with the result.
Friday, June 12, 2009
Take a closer look at each entry by clicking on the individual links below, then head on over the the EBW's Blog to vote for your favorite! Voting is open until June 15th at midnight. The Etsy Bead Weaver's appreciate your taking the time to choose!
1. Adios Pollo - BeadazzledofOregon
2. HOUSE for RENT with Garden View - enchantedbeads
3. Jolly Jester - ArtfulAr
4. WEED Necklace - HauteIceBeadwork
5. Riot of Color Sparkly Rope Necklace - roseworksjewelry
6. Curly Black Rock Bacelet - SpringColors
7. inside jokes - thebeadedlily
8. Clown Fish Join the Carnival - beadsandblooms
9. Where's Waldo - Oops... I Mean Where's Lizard - fashionsfrome
10. Tartan Scottie Dog beaded cuff - Crownrosegems
11. Gone Fishing---Cat and fish bracelet - vanishingpearl
12. HERE'S LOOKIN' AT YOU Blown Glass Eye Pendant Set - caraway
13. Curiosity killed the Toilet Paper - LiciaBeads
14. Where Is My UFO - binkaminka
15. NOT My Mother - PfordCustomJewelry
16. Money doesn't grow on trees Necklace - CieloDesign
17. Harlequin - Free Form Beaded Cuff - ThreeFatesDesign
18. Punch-Line Bracelet - FrancescasFancy
19. Pond Frog Bracelet - savoystudio
20. Harlequin - jmackgems
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
I did a spring colored argyle cuff bracelet not too long ago, and immediately started on another one. They are just so fun looking! I am FAR from "preppy", but I think this bracelet could accomidate a variety of personal tastes - from punk to hippie.
I can definately see doing this up in some other colors sometime in the future!
Monday, June 8, 2009
Tuesday, June 2, 2009
How adorable are these flip flop earrings?! A perfect compliment to your summer outfits.
Last but not least, here is a great way to dress up your standard drab switches with a fancy switchplate cover.