Friday, June 19, 2009

Bead Artists Against Breast Cancer update

Starting in 2005, Jeanette Shanigan, with the participation of hundreds of beaders, has put together beaded quilts to be auctioned at the annual Bead and Button show in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - and the proceeds go directly to breast cancer research. The 2009 Bead and Button show finished up last week. This year just about $2150.00 was raised!
I feel proud to have been a part of this, and I will definitely be beading more squares for Jeanette's future quilt auctions.
Below is a picture of the finished quilt I was included in (I put little red boxes around my squares).
Please visit Jeanette's website to see pictures of the finished quilts in all their beaded glory!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a fabulous idea:) I've never seen a beaded quilt before, that's got to be very heavy! All of the squares look so beautiful, and what a worthy cause!

Anna said...

It's beautiful Jo! I wanted to be a part of it, but just wasn't able to! I will next time though!

storybeader said...

what a great idea, and a beautiful cause! Love to see what everyone did, up close! Need to visit Jeanette's website!

WillOaks Studio said...

would love to see that quilt in person--it's just beautiful and seems so rich in color and texture.

Meghann said...

Beautiful, and good for you for helping! It is wonderful :)