Sunday, May 31, 2009
I used a random number generator to choose a number between 1 and 19 per the number of entries - the random number was #3, and Carmen was the lucky number. I'll be contacting you shortly for your mailing address!
Thank you all for your participation! Make sure to visit my blog every so often for more chances to win lovely creations from Unique You!
Friday, May 29, 2009
Please join us in celebrating by visiting the guild blog page and voting for your favorite!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
This OOAK necklace is a special creation made for the April Etsy Beadweaver challenge themed "Red Carpet" and is both festive, unique and gorgeous!
These are the next nine runners-up:
2. #20. Gladiator - jmackgems
3. #8. Bollywood Glamour - SmadarsTreasure
4. #18. Night of Stars - jodihorgan
5. #19. Vera Similitude Walks the Red Carpet - HauteIceBeadwork
6. #6. Queen Of Sheba Necklace - HannahRachel
7. #15 To Liz.. - beadsbyvezsuzsi
8. #14. Angelina Jolie Bracelet - triz
9. #12. Josephine Baker Burlesque Wrist Cuff - gypsyeyesjewelry
10. #17. The Red Carpet Bracelet for a Mom - alatvian
Etsy BeadWeavers are already at work on the June Challenge - Humour. You can read all about it.
Congratulations to CieloDesign and everyone who entered!
Saturday, May 16, 2009
In the spirit of giving, I'd like to offer this bracelet as a giveaway!
It's a smaller size, measuring in at 7". If this bracelet is too small for you, feel free to enter the giveaway anyways. The bracelet will be shipped in a box suitable for gifting, so you can pass this on to a family member or a friend - they don't have to know you didn't spend a dime on it!
The rules of the giveaway are simple:
1. Go to my etsy shop HERE. Shuffle through my shop and find your favorite item - there's only three pages so please have a look at every page!
2. Come back to this post and comment with your selected favorite. If you do not have a blogger account, please leave a way I can get in touch with you if you win - email address, website, twitter, whatever! This giveaway IS open to international contestants, however anyone winning that resides outside of the USA or Canada must assume shipping charges. Package will be marked gift, so you do not have to worry about customs charges.
3. Sit back and wait! The winner will be selected 2 weeks from today at just about noon-ish using a random number generator based on the number of comments. I'll post the screenshot of the number picked with an appropriate time stamp and whatnot.
If the response to this giveaway is good, look forward to other sizes being offered!
Monday, May 11, 2009
I just don't have the time today to flutter through and tag other people, so instead I'm going to feature my favorite items from the Hot Rocks Glass shop. Be sure to click on the pictures to get more details about each gorgeous piece.
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
Gypsy- Red Bangle Bracelet
Friday, May 8, 2009
Good luck to all the participants!
Sunday, May 3, 2009
In between hooping and playing on the wii, I managed to finish 2 bracelets I've been working on.
The first is a fairly simple design, but pretty nonetheless. I wove in peyote stitch with various sizes of toho beads to achieve a bumpy look - in fresh spring colors.
This second bracelet I'm really proud of - it's also woven in peyote stitch, bead by tiny bead. I've always liked the look of argyle and have been wanting to do an argyle cuff for a while. The colors scream spring, I think.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
The exam was very memory intensive, and not easy to pass. Yesterday was my second time taking it actually. My husband told me to think of the first try as a "recon mission", lol.
The certification is awarded by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC). If you're interested in learning more about LEED, you can visit the USGBC's website.
Soon, I promise that we'll be getting back to our semi-regular programming, as I get back to my life respectively. There's even a giveaway in store for you - so check back in a few days for your chance to win.
Finally, time for beading and hooping and whatever else I want to spend my weekend doing. Yay!!