Sunday, April 19, 2009

Psychedelic Spiral Bracelet

If I had finished this bracelet in time, I would have entered it in the Etsy Bead Weavers challenge "Time Machine". If I had a time machine, I would go back to the psychedelic 60's, and that's what this bracelet reminds me of.

I have a jar of "leftover" delica beads...beads that never made it back into their original containers, my "delica bead soup" jar. This bracelet was woven in peyote stitch, all beads coming from my bead soup container. For the clasp I used a sterling silver slide/lock clasp. I'm quite pleased with how it came out, but not as pleased as my husband. He says it's by far his favorite bracelet I've created to date. How sweet of him!

It's a tad smaller than traditional bracelets - measuring in at only 7". I'm debating whether or not I should sell or list it...I DO have tiny wrists and it fits me perfect. Hmmmm.....


6 comments:

storybeader said...

great design! I have one of those jars too! I used to separate the colors and put them back where they came from - no more!

I have to yet learn how to make a flat (not tubular) petote stitch...

Meghann said...

It's gorgeous! I say keep it and list it as a custom sized item, made to order and state that each one is unique.
We all need to keep some of our creations for ourselves - after all, you're worth it :)

Victoria said...

It's awesome.

Anonymous said...

I love it, it's such an interesting design! I especially love the side where there are a few of the swirls coming together.

Marlaine said...

If you're like me, you sell everything. How about this one's for you! It's gorgeous and you deserve it!

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Oh, that is a cool cuff. I would be hard pressed to decide whether to sell it or keep it too.