Monday, April 13, 2009

Waves

Lately I've been trying to use beads I have on hand rather than buying on a whim. So far, so good. My biggest temptation has got to be artbeads.com. Every once in a while they'll send me an email with a great deal on the latest colors, sizes, shapes of seed beads and it's rare that I don't pick up a few bags of little beady goodness. Luckily for my wallet, it's been over a month since I've perused thier website.
These wavy bracelets were woven from Toho seed bead mixes I have had on hand for awhile. Yay me for using existing stock!


Purple Waves

Weaving in peyote stitch with different sizes of beads will give you a great texture. Both bracelets were woven with Toho beads in sizes 11 to 6.


Dragon Scales

This is my first bracelet attempt with a button clasp and it came out purrrrfect. The loop is secure and tight, the button will not go through the loop unless it is tilted sideways and pushed through the slot. I used a metal button with an intricate dragon design on it - makes for a great focal point.



Matching Pendants

I didn't feel like picking up my bead colors...so I just kept on beading. I'll be throwing in the pendant for free when you buy the matching bracelet. Fun!

6 comments:

CraftyDragon said...

Those are really gorgeous bracelets! Great work!

Anonymous said...

ooooo...I love the green wave bracelet! I hear ya...I'm always shopping for new stuff when I should be using what I have:)

Rose Clearfield said...

Art Beads is a big temptation for me, too! :) I love what you did with the Toho mixes!

storybeader said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
storybeader said...

sorry - in a rush, like usual... Loved the idea of different sized seed beads. I need to learn the flat peyote stitch, so I can attach my pendant to the rope I just completed!

Marlaine said...

Beautiful pieces. I know what you mean about using some of the beads you already have! I need to too. Looks like it's been a success for you!