Monday, March 30, 2009
In the meantime, please enjoy some lovely cubular rings, inspired by my new favorite stitch!
I'm SURE I'll be making more of these style rings in the future...fun and unique, right up my alley!
Monday, March 23, 2009
There's no better way to show off your locks than with beaded accessories. Wear them just for fun, or use them to cover up and tighten "rough spots".
Even if you don't have dreadlocks, you can wear dreadlock beads in braids. To wear with braided hair: Separate hair and begin to braid as normal. When you reach the location of where you would like the bead to be visible, slide bead on to one of the three sections of hair, twisting as you go (you may want to clip the other 2 sections together while you are doing this so they don't come undone). Continue to braid hair, securing the end. The bead will be securely in place until you undo your hair. Neat huh?
The following beads were woven in tubular peyote stitch. Beading in tubular peyote allows for a rigid (but still slightly flexible) bead. Weaving in regular peyote or brick stitch will cause the bead to sink in, with no rigidity at all. You could still wear dreadlock beads woven this way, but they may be a little more difficult to put (and stay) in your hair. Personally, I prefer the structure of tubular peyote, so I weave all my dreadlock beads with this method.
These latest beads were stitched with toho seed beads, except for the Om and Radioactive beads, which were stitched with delica beads. Hope you like!
Please visit my online shop for more dreadlock beads in a variety of colors and styles.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Zach is also a new daddy, so this really couldn't have happened at a worse time.
Please check out the full story HERE, and please help if you can. If you've never heard of Zach before, do yourself (and him) a favor and buy the cd. You won't be dissapointed.
Monday, March 16, 2009
Monday, March 9, 2009
After finding the perfectly matching delica colors, I wove in 2-drop peyote stitch.
It's finished with a beaded toggle clasp that will hold the bracelet securely on your wrist.
As a special promotion, I'm offering free shipping for this bracelet to anywhere in Ireland!
The entries for the challenge are in! They are amazing as always. The amount of talent, patience, and time that went into creating these beauties is astounding!You can click on the item in the text list below the mosaic which links to the Etsy Shop listing of each entrant where you will see more detail of each piece!
Please go to the Etsy Bead Weaver's website to vote for your favorite!
l. Sunset Necklace - HannahRachel
2. Black Desire necklace - FleurDeIrk
3. Carmen's temptation pendant - 6Carmen6
4. Dulce de Leche - nemeton
5. Green with Envy - BeadazzledofOregon
6. Temptation in Turquoise - beadsandblooms
7. Temptation - MadeByOlga
8. Temptation in the Garden - glimmerstone
9. The Seductress - RachelesOriginals
10. Forbidden Fruit - EPOriginals
11. Temptation Burlesque Collar - gypsyeyesjewelry
12. Tempted by Temptation - dreambeadweaver
13. Sweet Beaded Temptaton - BeadFabulous
14. Green Gold Temptation - binkaminka
15. Mist on the Moors - beaglebeads
16. Serpent's Temptation necklace - CieloDesign
17. i want to believe cuff - thebeadedlily
18. Chocolate Temptation cuff - randomcreative
19. Mirage in the Desert Necklace - Charmingthings
20. The Spider and the Fly - daynamiles
21. Chocolate Cherry Cordials - ThesePreciousThings
22. Caught in The Web of Temptation - cigarboxbeads
23. Aztec Summer - beadworkbyamanda
24. Temptation By the Sea - myfairladyvt4
25. Hamadryad's Heart Fringed Choker - SalamanderHouse
26. TEMPTATION Necklace - enchantedbeads
27. Eye candy temptation - PFordCustomJewelry
28. A case for Temptation - LiciaBeads
29. PUSHING LUCK - caraway
30. Temptation Cuff - SpringColors
31. Luscious Cherry Chocolate Necklace - FrancescasFancy
32. Bead Store Temptation - beadwoman3
33. Temptation Dance - SmadarsTreasure
34. Sunrise Temptation - njema
35. Moonlit Seductress - ErtheFae
Voting begins on Monday, March 9th and ends midnight March 15th. Show your appreciation for the efforts of these amazing artists and take on the difficult task of voting for your favorite.
Many thanks to Ann of Francesca's Fancy who prepared the mosaic!
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Thank you HotRocks for bestowing to me this lovely "Let's Be Friends" award.
Honestly, if I had been given this award by someone else, I would have passed it on to you.
These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
Choosing just 8 blogs that fit the description isn't going to be an easy task, but here goes:
Steam Powered Rings - Amazing steampunk jewelry
Living Botanical - Yummy bath and body products made with all natural ingredients
John Wright Art - Beautiful, original artwork
Holy Cuteness - The most adorable pictures and videos of cute animals you'll ever see
PaperKraft - Print color cut-outs and create 3d video game character, comic book characters, animae and more
Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice - Every time I go to this blog I get hungry...find some great recipes here
Solsisters Studio - Beautiful handmade bags & pouches
Women's Self Esteem - Gaining confidence
Monday, March 2, 2009
I have a handful of small goodies I was hoping to get photographed last night but my attention was quickly diverted when the UPS man dropped off a package on my door.
My new toy...in all its glory. Wanna know what it was? Head on over to HoopFlow to get the rest of the story.