Monday, February 2, 2009

Is spring here yet?

It may be the middle of winter, but my head is in the tropics. Every once in a while the mood strikes me to bead up a snowflake but, frankly, I don't like snow. I can appreciate the beauty of freshly fallen snow, and I try to take in each breath, each moment as I live it. However inevitably each winter I find myself longing for spring, anticipating the first signs of new life, and the return of the green buds of my garden. Perhaps in the summer I'll be able to bead a snowman without grimacing, but for this month, I needed a little taste of summer. I used a pattern from the July/August issue of Bead-Patterns the magazine to weave up this hibiscus bracelet in peyote stitch. The page didn't have a designer name on it so I'm assuming the designer is Rita Sova herself. If you're interested in beading one up for yourself, you can purchase the pattern HERE.

In case anyone is wondering, I will NOT be selling this bracelet in any of my shops. A bracelet that is woven using another person's pattern should not be sold, unless you have permission from the designer themselves. A little beading ethics 101 for you.

1 comment:

storybeader said...

very pretty. thanks for the link!