Thursday, August 14, 2008

Do YOU have B.A.D.D.?

B.A.D.D. (Beading Attention Deficit Disorder)

Do you have clusters of beads grouped together in piles because you think they will go well together in a project?

Do you have half-strung jewelry on beadboards, waiting to be finished?

Do you have velour beading mats stacked upon one another, each with a layer of beads from miscellaneous projects underneath?

Do you leave needles attached to your bead weaving projects so that when you get back to them you don’t have to go needle-hunting?

When walking from a carpeted area to a hardwood floor with bare feet, do you inevitably hear the *clickety-click* of seed beads bouncing across the floor?

Do you have several project areas in your house, perhaps your kitchen table, or your living room coffee table that always seem to be occupied by beads?

Do you stop working on a project mid-production, because you are suddenly inspired to make something completely different?

Are spools of thread and jars of beads scattered throughout your house, so you can be ready when inspiration strikes…or perhaps you haven’t put away materials from your last project?

Do you have various bags/jars of “bead soup”…beads that you don’t feel like putting away after completing a project, so your pour them into one container, thinking you’ll use them for another project?

Do you have lots of “experimental bead samples”… beading projects that never quite made it into anything but were too nice to just throw away?


If you answered yes to three or more of these questions, YOU may have B.A.D.D.
At this time there are no known treatments, although studies suggest regular organizing of beads and bead supplies may keep your B.A.D.D. symptoms at bay. Be forewarned, however, that organizing of beads can cause you to find long lost beads, sparking spontaneous inspiration, thus becoming counter-productive.

6 comments:

BeadedTail said...

I didn't realize I had a named disorder but I must admit, I have B.A.D.D.!

Lucky Girl said...

This is too funny! I don't have B.A.D.D., but a similar syndrome involving bits of glass. And thread.
I tagged you for some technorati link love, please feel free to participate or ignore, whatever feels right to you. http://luckygirltrading.blogspot.com/2008/08/spread-blog-love.html

:-) MaryLou said...

Oh nooooooooooooooo. I have it! I have it bad!!!

Sadly, it's not just with beads... paper, yarn, fabric, drawing supplies. Oh so many things to do in oh so little time.

:-)

Karla said...

O M G...no wonder my house looks so B. A. D. D. :-) great post!!

LADY ROOTS said...

Sistren BeaderJoJo,

Peaceful greetings from Jamaica. The only one I answered "NO" to was the one about walking from a carpeted area to a hardwood floor. And that is only because my entire house is tiled!

Does that mean I have A.B.A.D.D.?
(Advanced Beading Attention Deficit Disorder) No matter what it is called, I really don't want to be cured. Beading is my sanity-protecting insanity.

Bless Up,
Lady Roots

Marlaine said...

I think I may be an exception. I'm very organized with my beading and don't have more than three projects going at a time. Though I do have a coffee table covered in beads.