Kay's K9's has been kind enough to give me this award! Thanks so much!
- Love - the emotional and spiritual connection I have with my husband is something I cherish above all. A different but still very strong love is something I have for family and friends (see #2 & #3).
- Family - Families have good times and bad times, all families have them. I'm so glad my parents didn't stop having children with me. It's been incredible seeing my sister go from little girl to powerful woman in a seemingly short time. I love my family.
- Friends. There is nothing like sharing time with a friend over dinner, or just doing absolutely nothing but chit-chatting and being goofy together...it ties into #1 really.
- Art and the creative process - Art is another joy for me, whether creating it or observing it. The creative process is all about getting into that right side of the brain, and along with it comes a medetative state indescribable to those that have never experienced it. Music is another form of art. I could not live without music. I have to experience live music at LEAST once a month. It's healing - and I get to be with friends at the same time.
- The earth - I try to be as eco-conscience as possible. I spend a good amount of time keeping up to date with green technologies, and try to incorporate the small things I can do on a personal basis to do my part. Recycling, composting, being aware of where my products come from (I love handmade clothing, and I *really* try to not buy stuff made in china).
- My body - I only have one and I'm trying to treat it right. I am an avid food label reader. I know all the key "bad" words that you should NOT see in your food. I eat my fruits and veggies, try not to eat too much meat, take my vitamins and exercise on a regular basis. Balance postures and yoga are my favorite, which rolls right into hooping. Hooping is a great exercise for body and mind, and fits right in with #4.
Six Things I Don't Value:
- Objects. Sure, computers are convenient, and pretty shiny things are fun...but at the end of the day if you don't have have a sense of belonging, and family/friends to love, all those things you own mean absolutely nothing.
- Ego. I don't care if I'm better than you at that or you're better than me at this...yada yada yada. To completely let go of one's ego is something I strive for.
- Hollywood & celebrities. I really couldn't care less who wasn't wearing panties and stepped out of a limo and flashed her who-ha, or who's in rehab or who's anorexic or who's fat (according to unreasonable and unhealthy standards anyways).
- Junk mail and spam. Junk mail is a waste of paper, and spam is a waste of my time.
- Negativity. I like being a happy person. I try to stay away from people who are chronically negative, I don't want it to rub off.
- Tuesdays. Sure, every day is a gift so I do value Tuesdays a *little* bit. But they're the most useless day of the week. At least Monday is the start of something...Wednesday is the middle of the week, Thursday it's almost Friday and Friday speaks for itself. Tuesdays...they just get in the way of the rest of the week.
OK, so now I am needing to pass this on to 6 other blogs. Here goes:
http://arosebyname.blogspot.com/ http://www.hotrocksglassjewels.blogspot.com/ http://www.outofthepinksky.net/ http://www.pandjcrafts.blogspot.com