Tuesday, November 18, 2008

My Sister, the Beauty Queen

Any of you who have been regular visitors to my blog know that I rarely talk about personal beliefs and views, I tend to keep this site fairly proffesional. However, once in a while a topic/event moves me enough to break out of "business blog" mode.

This past Saturday my younger (but much taller) sister Jessie was crowned Miss Taunton. Taunton, MA is where we grew up together.


Music runs in the family (mom: piano, flute, clarinet; dad: drums; brother: guitar; me: bass) and Jessie is no exception. She had been practicing her really hard classical piano piece at home for a long time. She was understandably distraught when she found out she would be performing on a KEY-board and they would not have a piano on hand. Two nights of dress rehearsal mishaps on the keyboard had Jessie a little dissapointed, but she NAILED it when it counted.


Congratulations Jessie, I'm so proud of you! Future Miss Massachusetts? Miss America?
Keep a look out for my beautiful sister.

You can read the story from the newspaper HERE if you're interested.


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your sister! I'm in the southeastern coast of MA too. :o)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm from MA.

theresa martin said...

Congratulations to your sister! Taunton rules!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Congratulations to your sister!

Anna said...

Wow, congratulations to your sis!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was amazing. Congratulations to your sister for winning the crown. She's a beauty queen now :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your sister! I'm from Franklin, MA, now living in AZ. Very exciting indeed!

Mariuca said...

Wow! Congrats to ur sister, this must be really exciting for you! :)

Unknown said...

How wonderful is that -- congrats to sis!

Anonymous said...

you must be very proud!
congratulations to her and to the entire family. we'll be looking out for her. =)

BeadedTail said...

Congratulations to your sister! What a wonderful honor!

Hot Rocks said...

Congrats to your sister...that is very cool!

LizzyT said...

Congratulations to your sister. What a wonderful achievement. Good luck to her if she enters anymore.

Erika said...

Oh, how wonderful! Best of luck; she is a beauty.