Saturday, November 1, 2008

New necklace - "Touch of Gray"

This necklace may be lacking color, but it's sure got personality!
When I first picked up the round lava focal bead I had every intention of turning it into a pendant, but it quickly took on a life of its own. The result is a "space-aged" necklace.
Surrounding the lava rock bead in brick stitch are layers of hematite discs, toho seed beads, and delica seed beads. Then for the neckband I wove more delicas, tohos, and hematite cubes & discs in herringbone. To secure the necklace is a beaded loop and toggle clasp, with different sized beads for a textured look.
Hope you like!






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very cool. I would not say I am a lover of gray, but this is really awesome. It looks like the moon surrounded by gems or stars. I love it.

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's gorgeous :D

Unknown said...

gorgeous! i love the contrast between the lava bead and the smoothness of the glass beads!!! I also love your toggle!!!

Anna said...

Like the moon enclosed in jewels! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous! I love finding an interesting material and letting it inspire the work.

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

Very cool focal, and you showcased it wonderfully!